Advice for uploading which letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentati

Reaction score
Hi, I have a letter from dentist, and 3 letters from science professors(2 strong 1 generic). Should I upload all four letters or just 1 dentist and 2 strong science? Reason I’m asking is because a generic letter may negate the positive comments from the other professors in admission office’s eyes.

Members don't see this ad.

I have no opinion but make sure the schools you want to apply to don't require a 3rd science prof LOR; I think Columbia does

Reactions: 1 user
I think It would be better to have 2 science profs, one within your major, and then a supervisor letter (PI of lab, or volunteer work, or your boss from a job) and then a dentist letter if you’re really trying to hedge your bets for all schools. Those 4 should cover everything rather than 3 science and 1 dentist.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the AADSAS app, do all 4 letters get sent to each school applied to? Or may an applicant select which letters go to which school?
A lukewarm letter could be left out if not required, if letter selection is an option.
TMDSAS uses the "all letters go to all schools" approach.
AMCAS requires an applicant to select school by school which letter goes where.

In the AADSAS app, do all 4 letters get sent to each school applied to? Or may an applicant select which letters go to which school?
A lukewarm letter could be left out if not required, if letter selection is an option.
TMDSAS uses the "all letters go to all schools" approach.
AMCAS requires an applicant to select school by school which letter go where.
AADSAS sends all letters that are uploaded. You cannot pick and choose which get sent where. Which is why I recommend the 2 sci profs, one within major, a supervisor, and then either a dentist or nonscience letter. This helps cover almost all the school requirements with a few exceptions