Advice from current PharmD students.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeaparker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if my stats would be competitive at the school you are going to. Also wondering specifically about Howard U. as well as others.

Any advice would be appreciated:

..................Scaled Score......Percentile Rank
Verbal Ability----414 ---------- 73
Biology ---------460 ---------- 98
Reading Comp.---393 ---------- 39
Quant. Abil.------402 ---------- 57
Chemistry -------442 ---------- 94

Composite -------422 ----------- 86

Writing Scores Score/Mean
------------- -----------
Conv. of Lang. 4.0/2.85
Prob. Solving 3.0/2.89

I know my scores seem really weird and inconsistent. Here is my situation.
I have not taken calculus yet, so that explains my Quantitative score. I have a BS in Biology (3.45 GPA), so that explains my Bio and Chem scores. As you can see, my Verbal was fine and I did relatively well in the Writing section. The problem is my Reading Comprehension. I have never been a fast reader. I have problems completing the sections within the alloted time-frame.

I also have over 10 years pharmacy experience as a technician and as a Pharmacy Tech teacher.

Thanks,

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering if my stats would be competitive at the school you are going to. Also wondering specifically about Howard U. as well as others.

Any advice would be appreciated:

..................Scaled Score......Percentile Rank
Verbal Ability----414 ---------- 73
Biology ---------460 ---------- 98
Reading Comp.---393 ---------- 39
Quant. Abil.------402 ---------- 57
Chemistry -------442 ---------- 94

Composite -------422 ----------- 86

Writing Scores Score/Mean
------------- -----------
Conv. of Lang. 4.0/2.85
Prob. Solving 3.0/2.89

I know my scores seem really weird and inconsistent. Here is my situation.
I have not taken calculus yet, so that explains my Quantitative score. I have a BS in Biology (3.45 GPA), so that explains my Bio and Chem scores. As you can see, my Verbal was fine and I did relatively well in the Writing section. The problem is my Reading Comprehension. I have never been a fast reader. I have problems completing the sections within the alloted time-frame.

I also have over 10 years pharmacy experience as a technician and as a Pharmacy Tech teacher.

Thanks,

Mike

current pharm D student normally wont go to the pre-pharm section. But your 10 years pharm tech exp and pharm tech teacher is definitely a boost! And You have a degree, OK GPA, OK PCAT, apply several schools and I think you have no problem.

Hi, I visit pre-pharmacy forum very often, because it is quite active. And I enjoy answering questions if I can. Your PCAT score is very competitive. What is your GPA?

Sorry, I did not see that you listed GPA. I am tired today. Well, your stats look great, honestly. You are a very competitive applicant. Your chances of acceptance are good. Just interview well, talk about your experience and why you like pharmacy. If you are interested in particular school, they usually list stats of incoming class on their web sites. Good luck!