Advice from Vet Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Physiotherapist80

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I'm a student in Physical Therapy in Italy, and as I wish to work on animals in the future, I would like to start studying animal anatomy so that when I do a more specific course after my degree, I'll already have a good base.

What I would like to ask is the following:

a) how different is animal physiology from human physiology and which areas do you think I should study?
b) do you have any advice on good books or online resources?
c)what are other animal health subjects that you think I should consider studying (if I'm visiting a horse, I will need to be aware of what a parassite symptom might look like so that I can inform the owner and refer them to a vet)

Thank you!