Step II ADVICE HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Good Samaritan2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am freaked out over my recent Step 2 ck that i took a few days ago since I am realizing all the stupid mistakes I made. It seems like I know the material but on the test day itself, while I am doing the questions, things just are a blur in my head but clear up right when I am done with a block. It is frustrating. Problem is that I failed my step 2 ck and my step 2 cs so i'm very very depressed and shocked. problem is that i also had a failed step 1 attempt before and my retake of that was very low (199). so i am really really scared. It is difficult for me to do anything these days since the test keeps replaying in my head i feel like the world is falling apart around me and don't understand what went wrong. i'm just afraid with so much time/effort/money spent so far if quitting is even an option at this point. so yea, any help would be great. thank you.

My dream was to become a doctor but it is difficult to keep any hope. My interest is in Psychiatry but I just don't know what to do now. Rotations are done now as well. Also doesn't help that I am an IMG. It's just a frustrating way to live life. Any suggestions would be helpful on what to do. thanks