Advice/Honest Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bhavsar24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recently took my DAT, and it was kind of brutal. I'm actually very disappointed with the way it went. Here are my scores

Bio: 20
G-Chem:18 (ridiculously difficult with the number of calculations I had to actually follow through)
O-Chem: 19 (I thought I did well...)
PAT: 21
Reading Comp: 20
QR: 16--> I suck at math. Tons of word problems.
TS:19
AA:19

I'm going to wait a few days before contemplating a retake, but I think I will just because I know I can do better on my sciences and QR possibly. I have no idea what happened, maybe nerves.

My overall GPA is a 3.49 (<--3.5 would look so much better to me haha!) Goofed around first year, but there is a huge upward trend and science GPA is 3.4. Lots of volunteering, shadowing, extracurricular activities. All apps were received about a month ago pending the DAT score.

I believe I am at or above the average for accepted student? Correct me if I'm wrong. But with these scores, do you guys believe I will have a chance if I do not retake? I think the thing that is making me nervous is that I'm comparing it against SDN members (which I know I shouldn't). I applied to about 24 schools which makes me not want to take it again.

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think that you are fine. With the number of schools that you applied to and the fact that your GPA is competetive, I would leave it as it is. I know people on SDN have been killing the DATs with scores of 26-30, but if you look at school averages, you're still in the game. Good luck! :thumbup:

I think that you are fine. With the number of schools that you applied to and the fact that your GPA is competetive, I would leave it as it is. I know people on SDN have been killing the DATs with scores of 26-30, but if you look at school averages, you're still in the game. Good luck! :thumbup:
I agree; the score is average for acceptance so don't fret. You could take it again if you want but the risk is high for retakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks good man, you could have just had a bad day when you "clicked" your DAT.

I would not take again; do not risk the money, stress, and a lower score the second time around. 19AA is nothing to scoff at.

Your scores are great and competitive in my opinion! They are better than mine and I gratefully and miraculously received 2 interviews so far. You have a great chance! Do not retake :) Good luck! :)

awesome! thanks guys! grateful for the help. Reassurance from other people is always appreciated!