Advice/low gre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

broncoathlete

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am applying to several DPT programs for the 2013 term including Baylor-Army DPT, UIC, Rosalind Franklin, Midwestern, Belmont, Tennessee State. I am wondering if I have a chance of getting into any of these schools! (Low GRE scores)

School: Western Michigan University
GPA Overall: 3.68
Pre-req GPA: ~3.56
GRE: V:148, Q:153. AW:3.5 👎
Observation Hours: 450 Outpatient, 16 Inpatient ( looking to get more in the month of August), Starting as a PT Aide beginning of August.
Extra-Curricular: Division I Soccer (4 years), Dean's List, IM basketball, IM volleyball

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! 😀
 
Your GRE isn't that bad..i wouldn't sweat the low analytical score. Just make sure you have good essays/recs and you'll at least get some interviews
 
Yea, your GRE isn't that bad.
The only thing I would be careful about is some schools I've read up on require min 4.0 AW.
So as long as none of your schools have that requirement I'd say you're fine/stand a good chance.