Advice NBME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiverpoolFC

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK. Here is the deal, I took our school administered NBME. I took the exam cold without studying for it and got a score of 66 which translated to a 190:eek::eek: I am an IMG who plans to take the Step 1 is March. My question is how far can I realistically improve within 3months? I know my weakness and I plan to tackle them. Any realistic score to aim for? I guessing 260 may seem impossible:laugh::laugh: I'd appreciate everyone's input. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am still waiting for some advice. I know we all come here to learn a thing or two. I know we have some folks out there with advice that can help.. I will kindly appreciate you share with me

Well since u haven't studied much yet, I think it would be best for u to study using which ever sources u choose including FA and UWorld.. Take another NBME after u feel comfortable with ur FA.. See how much ur score improved, and adjust what u need to do based on that.. Ur score might jump up a lot more after studying or it might not.. at least u will have a better idea of where u might score after putting in a little more time.. It's pretty hard to predict how much u can improve by just one NBME without studying.. but I think u can def raise it a lot higher than that, thats for sure! just make a run thru ur FA, and see how much u can raise that score by jsut ONE run through.. after this, u can decide if u want or need any other sources to help u reach ur goal.. I don't know if this answered ur question but I wish u best of luck! Maybe someone else can throw in some better tips :p

Well since u haven't studied much yet, I think it would be best for u to study using which ever sources u choose including FA and UWorld.. Take another NBME after u feel comfortable with ur FA.. See how much ur score improved, and adjust what u need to do based on that.. Ur score might jump up a lot more after studying or it might not.. at least u will have a better idea of where u might score after putting in a little more time.. It's pretty hard to predict how much u can improve by just one NBME without studying.. but I think u can def raise it a lot higher than that, thats for sure! just make a run thru ur FA, and see how much u can raise that score by jsut ONE run through.. after this, u can decide if u want or need any other sources to help u reach ur goal.. I don't know if this answered ur question but I wish u best of luck! Maybe someone else can throw in some better tips :p

Your input certainly helps. Thanks for your time. I do need more input tho