Advice needed about meeting

Started by CanDoIt66
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CanDoIt66

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Long story made short :

I am a reapplicant, but 3 wks ago I received an unexpected email mentioning that a high level Adcom official wanted to me about my future application to med school (MD). I read it wrong at list, thinking it was a generic email but I dont think it is after another look. Anyways, I have the option to do it over the phone or in person. I just started a new job and have no vacation time! What should I do?

The ticket is pricey but i may have my parents subsidize it lol (one thing I hate about this process, some of us are adults and our parents shouldnt be paying for our education into our mid and late twenties :?)
 
In person is always the best option, putting a face to the application and making a better impression. If you cannot find a way to swing it in any way, then phone works. A few of the high level adcoms I spoke to in person mentioned that they do many over the phone because it is difficult and expensive for some students.