[ADVICE NEEDED!] Additional Comment Prompt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedracer347

Reaction score
Hiiiii guys, if I did bad during my first quarter in college (my school was quarter system), I got a 2.80 gpa, and my second quarter was a 3.2, and every quarter afterwards was a 3.85+, would you guys consider this an upward trend? Also, should I bring this up in the additional comments option that so many schools have or should I not mention it because maybe they won't pay too much attention to my first 2 quarters since my overall is still a 3.8+? All advice is welcome, thank you guys! God bless :chicken:

Members don't see this ad.

Hiiiii guys, if I did bad during my first quarter in college (my school was quarter system), I got a 2.80 gpa, and my second quarter was a 3.2, and every quarter afterwards was a 3.85+, would you guys consider this an upward trend? Also, should I bring this up in the additional comments option that so many schools have or should I not mention it because maybe they won't pay too much attention to my first 2 quarters since my overall is still a 3.8+? All advice is welcome, thank you guys! God bless :chicken:
Based on my knowledge of statistics, I would call this a shift as opposed to a trend lol

Serious note, apply as though you are a 3.8. You good. Don’t talk about it unless prompted.

Reactions: 1 user
1) if I did bad during my first quarter in college (my school was quarter system), I got a 2.80 gpa, and my second quarter was a 3.2, and every quarter afterwards was a 3.85+, would you guys consider this an upward trend?

2) Also, should I bring this up in the additional comments option that so many schools have or should I not mention it because maybe they won't pay too much attention to my first 2 quarters since my overall is still a 3.8+? All advice is welcome, thank you guys! God bless :chicken:
1) You plateaued at the high end.

2) No, don't bring it up, as it's irrelevant to your application considering your cGPA. Many applicants had to course correct and change their learning style after encountering the faster-paced learning environment of college before excelling. You did well by having no later dips.

1) You plateaued at the high end.

2) No, don't bring it up, as it's irrelevant to your application considering your cGPA. Many applicants had to course correct and change their learning style after encountering the faster-paced learning environment of college before excelling. You did well by having no later dips.
Thank you sir, your words are deeply appreciated!