Advice Needed - DAT in 2 days

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tooth Fairy85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys. So, after postponing my DAT once and studying for another month my scores from BC averaged to be BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR - 21/21/22/19/17/17. I have also completed Destroyer twice, Cliffs and Feralis once. I watched Chad's videos and took related quizzes 2 months ago. I am averaging 20/22/22/20/18/18 on Qvault test (completed 6 so far). On the 2007 exam I made a 17 in QR (1 month ago). I don't feel confident about my RC and QR scores ... should I reschedule the exam again or should I just go for it? I took the exam last year and my RC was 15 and QR 16. Also, I debating whether I should continue going over Destroyer a third time or if I should do Chad's quizzes again... I appreciate you advice :)

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you, I would definitely take the exam. Bio/GC/OC/PAT scores are solid in my opinion. For QR I found math destroyer very helpful although I haven't finished it, I just did the first 4 exams. However, when I did the QR in the regular destroyer book, I found it way easier, I think it is because the problems in math destroyer were harder and prepared me better. In my opinion, do more destroyer problems.
Good luck :)

I would say go over a few math destroyer tests and some CDP readings and you should be set. If you wanna be safe, just review your destroyer problems (the ones you didn't get right for the 2nd time) good luck

Hey Guys. So, after postponing my DAT once and studying for another month my scores from BC averaged to be BIO/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR - 21/21/22/19/17/17. I have also completed Destroyer twice, Cliffs and Feralis once. I watched Chad's videos and took related quizzes 2 months ago. I am averaging 20/22/22/20/18/18 on Qvault test (completed 6 so far). On the 2007 exam I made a 17 in QR (1 month ago). I don't feel confident about my RC and QR scores ... should I reschedule the exam again or should I just go for it? I took the exam last year and my RC was 15 and QR 16. Also, I debating whether I should continue going over Destroyer a third time or if I should do Chad's quizzes again... I appreciate you advice :)
I am answering your question from years of experience working with students, listen to your own voice, the one that is telling you that you are not confident on the QR and reading. Nothing wrong with rescheduling the DAT and devoting more study time in these areas. The DAT is not an easy test and best to avoid a retake. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck on your DAT!
Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My worst score during practice was RC and turned out to be my highest on the test (22).... RC isnt something that you can miraculously work on, QR you can.... I tried writing down 4 words from each paragraph and it helped on my test... try it, it seems useless but helped me

My worst score during practice was RC and turned out to be my highest on the test (22).... RC isnt something that you can miraculously work on, QR you can.... I tried writing down 4 words from each paragraph and it helped on my test... try it, it seems useless but helped me
That is why from my experience I have found timed test rarely accurate in what you will score on the actual DAT.

After going through Destroyer, make sure you understand all the explanations. Then, do some problems from Shaums outlines, Cambells, Cliffs and Organic chemistry as a second language. This should prepare you well.

thanks to all for the great advice. Believe it or not, I have been accepted to School. I applied last year and had an interview .... with the low scores that I got ... (my GPA is 3.7, I have been a dental hygienist for 5 years that probably helped) I was waitlisted. Yesterday, I received the email and I was beyond happy. I will still take the exam tomorrow just to see how I do. Nancy, I was happy to receive your feedback because in reality all I wanted to hear was that it was ok to wait a couple more weeks... Anyways, wish me luck people and I will for sure write a very detail breakdown and try to help out as much as possible after tomorrow. take care, study hard and never give up! :)

thanks to all for the great advice. Believe it or not, I have been accepted to School. I applied last year and had an interview .... with the low scores that I got ... (my GPA is 3.7, I have been a dental hygienist for 5 years that probably helped) I was waitlisted. Yesterday, I received the email and I was beyond happy. I will still take the exam tomorrow just to see how I do. Nancy, I was happy to receive your feedback because in reality all I wanted to hear was that it was ok to wait a couple more weeks... Anyways, wish me luck people and I will for sure write a very detail breakdown and try to help out as much as possible after tomorrow. take care, study hard and never give up! :)
Congratulations!!!! Thanks for letting us know.. December 1st is always a very exciting day for us and we received many phone calls, emails with acceptances from around the country..I am thrilled to hear you were one of them! I agree with your advice "NEVER GIVE UP and study hard"!

Congrats.

Congrats. You earned it.

I have taken it twice and rescheduled the exam both times. For me, it was about feeling comfortable and not another 300+ hours of studying; although those extra hours did help. You know what will be on the exam. If you think those extra hours will help, go for it.

My friend said the rescheduling is only a little bit of money; taking the exam AGAIN is a lot more money.

Reactions: 1 users