Advice needed for Uworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LatteColoredDO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did bleh on Step 1 (<210, don't wanna talk about it) and want to go into OB/GYN. I finished UWorld with a 65% and want to do amazingly better on Step 2. Should I repeat UWorld all over again, do only my incorrect questions, or incorporate another question bank (i.e. AMBOSS)? I am also using Anki and got high passes on all my COMATs/shelves this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed with above, and wondering if you've done any practice tests yet. (Where you are could help determine how much ground you need to cover, if you should use any supplemental resources, etc.)

I'm doing my incorrects (of which I have many). Contemplated a reset but didn't seem realistic that I'd get through it all in the time I had, so incorrects seemed more pointed to address deficiencies. I'm shooting for an average step 2, and I feel like I have a lot I can learn/reinforce with the second pass. Others may suggest a new bank, especially if you're answering based on recall (versus forgetting the question from 4 months ago but knowing the answer from knowledge you have now).

Agreed with above, and wondering if you've done any practice tests yet. (Where you are could help determine how much ground you need to cover, if you should use any supplemental resources, etc.)

I'm doing my incorrects (of which I have many). Contemplated a reset but didn't seem realistic that I'd get through it all in the time I had, so incorrects seemed more pointed to address deficiencies. I'm shooting for an average step 2, and I feel like I have a lot I can learn/reinforce with the second pass. Others may suggest a new bank, especially if you're answering based on recall (versus forgetting the question from 4 months ago but knowing the answer from knowledge you have now).
My test is July 10 and I haven't taken any practice exams yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly you have to decide for yourself. I'm a **** test taker, and for me, i feel like i'm learning more by doing a second Q bank (Amboss now). I started redoing Uworld but i was remember the answers so i stopped. I think i subconsciously memorized the answers, sometimes without context, thanks to my paranoia about being a **** test taker and fear of letting Uworld crush my spirit on 2nd pass.

Reactions: 1 user
You could probably do a second Q bank and restart Uworld tbh, that’s 8 weeks

Okay I got a subscription to AMBOSS and am completing UWorld for the second time. Thanks for your help!