Advice Needed Please !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tangerine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off I would like to thank you for reading my post.

My science GPA

(Bio 6hr Chem 8 hrs Physics 8 hrs Organinc chemistry 3 hrs ( lab and oc 2 in progress) ) is 3.897 .But my overall GPA is really really low barely 3.0 thats cause I m majoring in one of the hardest and best program ( ranked 5 th in the nation) at my school.

I havent taken my MCAT yet. Should I even bother going medical school route or my overall GPA too low, to be even considered. I am open to Caribbean Med Schools too. I appreciate any feedback. I have about 125 volunteer hours.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

tangerine said:
First off I would like to thank you for reading my post.

My science GPA

(Bio 6hr Chem 8 hrs Physics 8 hrs Organinc chemistry 3 hrs ( lab and oc 2 in progress) ) is 3.897 .But my overall GPA is really really low barely 3.0 thats cause I m majoring in one of the hardest and best program ( ranked 5 th in the nation) at my school.

I havent taken my MCAT yet. Should I even bother going medical school route or my overall GPA too low, to be even considered. I am open to Caribbean Med Schools too. I appreciate any feedback. I have about 125 volunteer hours.

Why exactly do you want to be a physician? True, adcoms are going to ask why you got a 3.0. However, I don't think this is the heart of your issue. The issue seems to be deciding if this whole medicine thing is for you. What do you want? Do you really think that this career is for you? I think you might want to do some soul-searching and decide if this road is one you want to go down. I say that because I sense some wavering. Several of us here in the non-trad forum have had careers and have thought long and hard about getting into medicine. At this point, most of us have decided w/out a doubt that is where we want and need to be. Really the only answer can be found in and by you. We all could give you advice but it truly depends on you and your desire. Good luck to you though!

Well, you won't know till you've tried.

So you're saying your BCPM is higher than your overall gpa? That's better than the reversal.

You can still raise your overall gpa, it ain't over till the fat lady sings, right? Try taking a free mcat either through kaplan or princeton review and see how you do. A high mcat score isn't going to camouflage your gpa but it'll help your app out.

Hope this helps! :)