Advice needed please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Summernight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I ve been reading this awesome forum for a while, and finally I want to ask your opinion about my situation.
I am a 25 y.o. female, US citizen (now) with a foreign degree from Moscow State U, Russia, which was evaluated by ECE as a Masters degree in Biology/Mycology. I did a summer agricultural internship with U of Arkansas in 2009. I did some science research in the past. I have some volunteer hours. Aslo I am an active duty hospital corpsman in the Navy doing patient's care. I love my job, but I plan on becoming a medical officer one day. My GPA isn't that great (3.1, sGPA 3.1), so I think without improvement I can only apply for PA or DO or MPH programs (if so). Good thing that I can use my GI Bill or HPSP and ect. in order to pay for school.

I feel a little bit lost, wasting time, trying to find the best strategy, but I am not going to give up! My plan so far is to retake some of core courses in UCSD extension and/or CC, to score high on GRE, MCAT and apply next year. Does this sound realistic?

What else should I do in order to become a competitive applicant? What are my chances? Any advice?

Thank you! Have a good day! :)

Members don't see this ad.