advice needed pls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefullyafutureDOstudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got accepted to ACOM and have put down the $2k deposit. i'm also on the waitlist to AT Still Az and BCOM.

I got an interview invite to NYITCOM-Arkansas campus and i was wondering if it's worth it to go? i personally can't find much info on the school, and i also can't afford to spend $1k to fly out there and pay for hotel and car etc. i feel guilty turning down an interview invite :( but i also don't have the $ to waste especially after depositing $2k to alabama just to save my seat.

i guess my question is, should i just stick with ACOM, or is the arkansas campus a better option? i know NYITCOM itself is a better school than ACOM, but idk about their arkansas campus being better... especially because a lot of their lectures are podcasted over from the NY campus. it's also their first year, but i don't think thats an excuse to have barely any info released because BCOM is in its first year too, but seems very promising and has great things going on.

any advice/thoughts would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i got accepted to ACOM and have put down the $2k deposit. i'm also on the waitlist to AT Still Az and BCOM.

I got an interview invite to NYITCOM-Arkansas campus and i was wondering if it's worth it to go? i personally can't find much info on the school, and i also can't afford to spend $1k to fly out there and pay for hotel and car etc. i feel guilty turning down an interview invite :( but i also don't have the $ to waste especially after depositing $2k to alabama just to save my seat.

i guess my question is, should i just stick with ACOM, or is the arkansas campus a better option? i know NYITCOM itself is a better school than ACOM, but idk about their arkansas campus being better... especially because a lot of their lectures are podcasted over from the NY campus. it's also their first year, but i don't think thats an excuse to have barely any info released because BCOM is in its first year too, but seems very promising and has great things going on.

ACOM and don't look back. I believe NYIT-AR has tuition which is almost $10K per year higher than ACOM. It simply is not worth the cost difference. ACOM has a good infrastructure for clinical rotations also. In addition, NYIT-AR and BCOM are newer. That always equates to risk.

Reactions: 1 users
NYITCOM Jonesboro campus has a majority of their lectures broadcast over the web live from the New York campus. There is a facilitator in each lecture, and from what I am understanding, they are trying to split the lectures 50/50 at some point (New York/Arkansas). The school in Jonesboro is renovated with very nice/new equipment. It is not a completely new school like BCOM because it is NYITCOM still (just an extended branch). As far as spending the money to go interview, if you are completely satisfied with ACOM, then do not go. If you aren't and want to explore more options, then go. You will become a doctor at either place.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACOM. You've already got a deposit down, less expensive, entire campus devoted to your education as opposed to a single building at a separate educational institution, education tailored to your class specifically, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would concur with all of the above statements. Besides, taking a look at the bolded sections in your quote:

It looks like you may have answered your own question! ACOM is a fantastic school with great rotations that were actually around before the school had even formed. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

THANK YOU so much for your advice everyone! i really do appreciate it and i think com is probably the better option... especially clinically with rotations.

@Alienman52 i can't wait to finally meet you, so glad we both made it!! :D :D :D

ACOM. My experience with NYIT-Arkansas was far inferior to ACOM. ACOM all the way.

Wow congrats on your acceptance sounds like you're gonna be an amazing DO

Stick with ACOM, unless ACOM students themselves advise otherwise.