Advice needed : Pre-Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoanglyly40

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to come on here to get some thoughts and some advice. I am currently a senior in Pre-Dental graduating in May. Over the past 3 years, I have not done so good in undergrad coming up with a few W's and C's. I am very late getting to my shadowing, volunteering, and studying for the DAT in which I am trying to work on. However, I wanted to get some advice for after graduation. I have about a 3.2 cumulative GPA and below a 3.0 Science GPA. I have lost all my motivation but I am trying to change that. So, I was thinking about doing a Post-bac or a Maters program to get my GPA up. Which would be the better option for me? Any advice about anything is greatly appreciated for an unmotivated student who has lost hope. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your current major? What city and university? Ideally you could figure something out to stay close by and in state to save on costs. any current debt?

What is your current major? What city and university? Ideally you could figure something out to stay close by and in state to save on costs. any current debt?
I’m currently majoring in Kinesiology at LSU and have no debts right now! I am trying to figure out whether a masters program or post-bac program would benefit me most but I would stay in state if there were programs for me here!

Reactions: 1 user
I would suggest a 1 year Masters. I had identical stats and that route has worked out for me so far, although it was not easy. A post-bac will likely not improve your GPA drastically since you have accumulated so many science credits.