Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileurdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

3.36 oGPA
3.18 sGPA
20 AA
20 TS
19 PAT

Lots of researches (including dental research), +350 hours of shadowing, dental course at a dental school and 250 hours of community service

which school do you guys recommend? schools that care less about the GPA?

and what do you think about chances at Colorado, Pittsburgh, Creighton, Kentucky, ASDOH, Marquette, Case
P.S I have some other schools but I am confused about the schools I mentioned above

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

What are you confused about regarding the schools you mentioned?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stats compared to the 2013 stats:

Colorado: Lower GPA, avg DAT

Pittsburgh: Lower GPA, slightly lower DAT

Kentucky: Slightly lower GPA, above avg DAT

Arizona: Avg GPA, slightly above avg DAT

Case: Below avg GPA, avg DAT

Marquette: Below avg GPA, avg DAT (maybe a bit over avg)

I would say your chances are only really decent at arizona and kentucky. The good news is that they are both OOS-friendly.

Your stats compared to the 2013 stats:

Colorado: Lower GPA, avg DAT

Pittsburgh: Lower GPA, slightly lower DAT

Kentucky: Slightly lower GPA, above avg DAT

Arizona: Avg GPA, slightly above avg DAT

Case: Below avg GPA, avg DAT

Marquette: Below avg GPA, avg DAT (maybe a bit over avg)

I would say your chances are only really decent at arizona and kentucky. The good news is that they are both OOS-friendly.

Thank you so much buddy, I appreciate your help!

Except ASDOH is very community service oriented, so unless you have 1,000+ community service hours (not an exaggeration) I wouldn't waste my money applying.

Hey guys

3.36 oGPA
3.18 sGPA
20 AA
20 TS
19 PAT

Lots of researches (including dental research), +350 hours of shadowing, dental course at a dental school and 250 hours of community service

which school do you guys recommend? schools that care less about the GPA?

and what do you think about chances at Colorado, Pittsburgh, Creighton, Kentucky, ASDOH, Marquette, Case
P.S I have some other schools but I am confused about the schools I mentioned above

Thanks in advance

ASDOH loves community service and volunteering, which you have plenty so that should be a plus. Kentucky takes only a handful of OOS each year so I wouldn't recommend applying with your current stat.

If possible, raise your GPA/DAT. Your sGPA is especially on the lower side.

Good luck!