Step II advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coreytayloris

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an IMG.

have a step 1 score of 220s

I'm scheduled to take step 2 ck next week.

I have been through UWorld once. 65% average, done about 50% of MTB2

Did UWSA yesterday and only got 219. (although I omitted 9 qs on the first block [time pressure] and 10 in total]

I'm applying for match 2016.

Technically I don't need to do step 2 ck until july/august next year. I was only taking it now because my extended eligibility is running out next week.

I suppose just wondering whether I should take the hit and lose the money or just do the exam.

Honestly I don't feel 100% happy with my knowledge base and probably am 'winging it' a little bit.

advice 🙁
 
It seems like the only thing you have to lose by waiting is some money....if I understand your eligibility comment correctly.im not that familiar with imgs but if you want to match in the us my impression is that each of your test scores matter. I would postpone the test, and in between now and then keep doing UWorld with supplementation from other sources as necessary until you're getting 80s-90s if possible

Seems like you already know you should wait, but want confirmation. If it was me I would wait if logistically possible
 
I'm an IMG.

have a step 1 score of 220s

I'm scheduled to take step 2 ck next week.

I have been through UWorld once. 65% average, done about 50% of MTB2

Did UWSA yesterday and only got 219. (although I omitted 9 qs on the first block [time pressure] and 10 in total]

I'm applying for match 2016.

Technically I don't need to do step 2 ck until july/august next year. I was only taking it now because my extended eligibility is running out next week.

I suppose just wondering whether I should take the hit and lose the money or just do the exam.

Honestly I don't feel 100% happy with my knowledge base and probably am 'winging it' a little bit.

advice 🙁

Jettison MTB2 and focus on the questions. Then just sit the exam. You'll be more than fine.

And 65% in UWorld is good. That means you're around 240 on 2CK already.