advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docstep1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
25 pages of fa and 120 Q's of uworld doable in a day? Exams in 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you just starting to study? How are your basics?
In general, 25 pages of FA alone needs a whole day if you're actually studying every word and memorizing. 120 Q's of uworld with their explanations (including wrong choices) needs 2 days.

It really depends on how you stand right now. Any NBMEs you've done?

Are you just starting to study? How are your basics?
In general, 25 pages of FA alone needs a whole day if you're actually studying every word and memorizing. 120 Q's of uworld with their explanations (including wrong choices) needs 2 days.

It really depends on how you stand right now. Any NBMEs you've done?

I have done one read thru FA. And did nbme and just got passing marks. So I'm planning to go thru FA again with express videos cuz I can't seem to read it myself ..it feels so dry....

it IS dry. do pathoma and uworld with FA infront of you and annotate stuff into the book. In no time youll create your own version of FA that is 90% sufficient for the step 1 exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
it IS dry. do pathoma and uworld with FA infront of you and annotate stuff into the book. In no time youll create your own version of FA that is 90% sufficient for the step 1 exam.
My exams in Jan end....how much Chance do I have to score 240+ in 2 months?

Was just checking out usmle express videos. Any opinion on that?

My exams in Jan end....how much Chance do I have to score 240+ in 2 months?
Do Uworld + FA + Pathoma and BRS for respiratory, cardio and renal till the end of December and then do an NBME (16,17). If you get a 230+ then you can definitely get to a 240+ by the end of January with another round of FA, incorrect/marked uworld questions. You really need to work VERY hard to achieve this but its very possible.

I think the key is to use the videos to only go over weak areas, otherwise skip the ones you are already good at.