Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroLight_

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I took the DAT

PAT 16 :(

QR 18

RC 18

BIO 20

GEN CHEM 20

ORG 22

TS 21

AA 19

Background info: I have a 3.85 GPA, 600+ clinical hours(dental scribe), 183 shadowing hour (gen,omfs,ortho) , 300+ research(microbiology), 200+ volunteer (Americorps,soup-kitchen,etc) and a strong committee letter.

Race and gender: Black Male

I'm applying to 15 schools, but I'm concerned about my PAT score. I'm not trying to retake the DAT for multiple reasons; I was hoping you guys could give me some insight. I'm really concerned so any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

So I took the DAT

PAT 16 :(

QR 18

RC 18

BIO 20

GEN CHEM 20

ORG 22

TS 21

AA 19

Background info: I have a 3.85 GPA, 600+ clinical hours(dental scribe), 183 shadowing hour (gen,omfs,ortho) , 300+ research(microbiology), 200+ volunteer (Americorps,soup-kitchen,etc) and a strong committee letter.

Race and gender: Black Male

I'm applying to 15 schools, but I'm concerned about my PAT score. I'm not trying to retake the DAT for multiple reasons; I was hoping you guys could give me some insight. I'm really concerned so any input would be appreciated.
please fill out a full WAMC template
some schools place less emphasis on PAT
if you retook DAT, you would have to wait until mid-september, so it would put you was behind
if you apply broadly, you could still have a chance...

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.