Advice needed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kremlar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a question and need some advice... I took my DAT on Oct 6th and well lets say my performance was less than stellar.. I studied my ass off for 2 1/2 months... Just freaked out I guess.. Im not gonna sit here and make excuses, or go into detail.. It wont change things.. Anyhow, as of now, I havent received any interviews, or feedback about my application.. they are all still under review, I guess for the second wave of applicants... I am allowed to retake my DAT on Jan 6th, would that be a smart idea? I mean, I have a very good GPA, experience, extra curric...So my application is competitive, with the exception of the freggin DAT, it killed me... My thinking is this, if I manage to somehow get an interview with my DAT score now, I can atleast say yeah I messed up, but I got this the second time around.... or maybe even squeeze my results in to the schools before they review my app.. Do you think it's worth the risk?? I studied for 2 1/2 months last time and I'd have a month to prepare and refresh the material now... If I do equal or worse this time, im dead in the water.. If I do better, I can atleast have some ammuniton... Second option is just take it later on for the next cycle.. Now I know everyone is going to say just reapply and take it when you have more time to prep.. Which I don't mind taking it again, re-applying, all that jazz. What REALLY bothers me is the having to wait another year to start Dschool part.. The thought of waiting another year kills me.. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are confident that you can do better, take it in January. You will probably have to take the DAT again anyways, so you may as well take it again when some of the info is still somewhat fresh in your head. Plus, it could increase your chances of acceptance for this cycle, instead of next. Rip it up.

definitely retake the test, do your best, and I'm sure schools will note the improvement as a positive aspect on your app. good luck! PS: I have a dat professor, and ace the dat log in and pass if u want it...

dexadental said:
definitely retake the test, do your best, and I'm sure schools will note the improvement as a positive aspect on your app. good luck! PS: I have a dat professor, and ace the dat log in and pass if u want it...

Your the MAN DEXADENTAL.... Hook me up... If you could PM me the info, i'd greatly appreciate it....THANKS!!.......