Advice Needed!!

Started by lexy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lexy

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone - I am a Canadian nurse, who had an interview in '04 in Australia, and was waitlisted. Obviously didn't get in (upsetting!).

This year, I had an interview in Ontario, but didn't get in. I prepared so much for the interview, and felt very good about it actually, so I have absolutely no idea what to do differently next year (I can't change my GPA, or clinical experience, etc). I do plan on re-applying though.

I have 2 options right now:
1. I was offered a few positions within Ontario for a surgical assist position (an advanced nursing position which I went to school for),
2. I was accepted to a Carribean medical school (accredited and recognized)

Obviously I want to stay in Canada, however I am willing to do whatever it takes.
After speaking with a few physicians I work with, they feel it would make me a more competetive applicant (for '08 in Canada) if I went to the Carribean this year.

I hope that accepting medical school in the Carribean wouldn't HURT my chances, however I am not sure.
Any opinions???
Thanks