Advice needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

don't know personally because i avoided nyc like the plague ;-) but someone i know liked mt. sinai very much and thought it was a quality program all around....
 
If you are referring to the St. Barnabas program in NJ, I had a good experience there as a medical student. From what I remember, all of the residents were doing well in terms of passing the boards. However, it is in a suburban area -- so if you like the city, like my wife, it may not be for you. However, NYC is not a far commute. Newark and Jersey City are even closer.

I know St. Joseph's is a trauma center, so you should get good trauma experience. However, I cannot say more than that.

I hear St. Luke's Roosevelt is good for regional anesthesia.

Hope this helps somewhat.