Advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goatsie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I would like your opinion/advice on my situation. These things are so difficult to write without sounding selfish, but I hope you guys can help me out and will return the favor when I can!

Situation: I finished (but not yet graduated) my double BA in Biochemistry and MCDB in December 2007 with a GPA of 2.75. I know that sooner or later I would have to redo these classes that I did poorly on, so, I applied to transfer and got accepted to another university.

Dilemma/Question: Should I
1) just graduate at my current university and then apply to a post-bac program or

2) transfer to the other university so that I can redo the courses since I will ultimately have to take them again?

3) Insert better/more ingenious solution for getting into med school.

So the advantage of #2 is that not having graduated, I can still receive financial aid, while #1, obviously would require loans (but might prove beneficial if I got a master's out of it).

Hm...what to do?

Members don't see this ad.

option #2 seems better since you can transfer to another university. option #1 means u have to apply and wait. option #2 is something you already have in hand. transfer, retake, and do well. If you want to do DO, then you just need to retake and do well in enough classes to bring it up the gpa. If you want to do MD, then you will most likely need to do an SMP.