Advice on books

Started by cecilia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cecilia

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I am a PA and will apply for a neurosurgery position. I would like to find out what books are good if anyone could advice.
Thanks,

-Ces
 
I am not a neurosurgeon (neurologist rather), but neuroanatomy is a particular hobby of mine and I can help you out a bit.

A great atlas is by Duane E. Haines, PhD. It's Neuroanatomy: An Atlas of Structures, Sections, and Systems. The sixth edition is the most current.

There is an excellent Neurosurgical book by Albert Rhoton, MD. It's titled Cranial Anatomy and Surgical Approaches and was originally presented in two supplementary issues of Neurosurgery in September of 2000, and October of 2002. The collected hardback presents some additional material (on surgical instruments and procedural aspects) not offered in the original journals.

You can also try the ever popular (and coat pocket friendly) Handbook of Neurosurgery by Mark S. Greenberg, Nicolas Arredondo, Edward A. M. Duckworth, and Tann A. Nichols.

There are several other books to choose from (Operative Neurosurgery etc) that cover this topic.

Hope that helps.