Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a dental student in twenties, with wife & kids. Could anyone share where they would prioritize putting money in my situation, and why?
-Have 4 year military obligation after school(110-130K/year). Wife works very part-time. 30k/year.
-Project to graduate with ~70K in unsubsidized Stafford loans from D school. No CC debt or car loans.
-Bought a house, but moved out-of-state for school (5 years into 30 year/3.65% mortgage, principal at 165K , home now valued over 300k). Have successfully rented it out for last few years (the rent paid to us is $500/mo more than mortgage we pay on house).
-Do not have much of anything going on for retirement (likely will not stay in 20 years with military)
I was wondering if I could hear some advice for my situation once I start receiving a higher/steady income. Would you pay off student loans first? Would you sell home, and roll money into retirement accounts? Keep home & continue to rent out? Try to pay the house off sooner? Not so much looking for a perfect answer, just some other things to consider. Thanks for your help!
-Have 4 year military obligation after school(110-130K/year). Wife works very part-time. 30k/year.
-Project to graduate with ~70K in unsubsidized Stafford loans from D school. No CC debt or car loans.
-Bought a house, but moved out-of-state for school (5 years into 30 year/3.65% mortgage, principal at 165K , home now valued over 300k). Have successfully rented it out for last few years (the rent paid to us is $500/mo more than mortgage we pay on house).
-Do not have much of anything going on for retirement (likely will not stay in 20 years with military)
I was wondering if I could hear some advice for my situation once I start receiving a higher/steady income. Would you pay off student loans first? Would you sell home, and roll money into retirement accounts? Keep home & continue to rent out? Try to pay the house off sooner? Not so much looking for a perfect answer, just some other things to consider. Thanks for your help!