Advice on Dat Prep Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daldaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My name is David and im scheduled to take my DAT test on July 30. I just finished the Baylor Summer Dental Enrichment Program Collegiate II at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas. They are giving us participants a $400 stipend if we take the test before July 31. Im not quite sure if im ready for the test not. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do. Should I take the test and receive the stipend which I could use to pay for the test if it needed to be taken again..or should I push my test back? I am not applying this year by the way. If anyone has any advice please contact me through SDN or my primary email is [email protected]. Thank you !

Members don't see this ad.

You should try taking the test July 30th if you feel like your enrichment program gave you a good foundation for most of the sections. Just do a bunch of practice problems from here on out! Dat Bootcamp, DAT destroyer, old ADA tests, etc all day, everyday. If for some reason you don't do as great as you would've liked then put that money toward taking it again, you'll do better your second time around anyway. But remember that you will have to wait 3 months in between DATs, so if you are applying this cycle you may just want to get an extra couple weeks of studying and take it later in August.

That's my two cents, David. Good luck!

Just do a whole bunch of practice questions this week and see how that goes.