Advice on DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ireallyloveteeth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know if my scores are competitive enough to get me into dental school?

PAT - 19
QR - 20
RC - 30
BIO - 18
GC - 18
OC - 20
TS - 18
AA - 21

I'm considering retaking the exam early next year to try and score a little higher on my bio, gen chem and PAT. I currently have a sub 3.0 sGPA/cGPA, which I understand is incredibly low :( I was hoping I would score a little higher on the DAT to try and balance out the low GPA.. Any advice would really help me out =]

Thank you for your time!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

Can anyone let me know if my scores are competitive enough to get me into dental school?

PAT - 19
QR - 20
RC - 30
BIO - 18
GC - 18
OC - 20
TS - 18
AA - 21

I'm considering retaking the exam early next year to try and score a little higher on my bio, gen chem and PAT. I currently have a sub 3.0 sGPA/cGPA, which I understand is incredibly low :( I was hoping I would score a little higher on the DAT to try and balance out the low GPA.. Any advice would really help me out =]

Thank you for your time!
I am not so concerned about your scores as your 3.0 GPA's. Where are you applying? Have you completed a masters or postbacc classes?

Your scores are very consistent and love the 30 in reading! Wow!

Nancy

I am not so concerned about your scores as your 3.0 GPA's. Where are you applying? Have you completed a masters or postbacc classes?

Your scores are very consistent and love the 30 in reading! Wow!

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Love your videos with Dr. Romano. I wish I had discovered them sooner, I only found them a few days before my test. I’m still finishing up my bachelors (should be done next year by Spring) but was going to apply to both dental school and a postbacc in case I didn’t get any interviews.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, glad you liked and found the videos. Sounds like a good plan with the postbacc as a backup , should you decide to take the test again make sure to check out the other free things offered in the group.

Wishing you the best!

Nancy

Members don't see this ad :)
My advice would be to now improve your GPA as Nancy said.
Don't take a lot of credits; take 12 or so just so you can get A's and improve your low GPA. Don't waste time doing EC while your GPA suffers.
Then if you have time, you can always retake in summer, but if you decide to retake now, you will harm your GPA even further because studying for the DAT is like a full-time job, I am sure you know that by now, not to mention the stress that accompanies it!

But Wow, 30 in RC, what a fantastic reader! Also, your scores are Ok, and you have 20 in QR and 20 in OC which are very good scores!

My advice would be to now improve your GPA as Nancy said.
Don't take a lot of credits; take 12 or so just so you can get A's and improve your low GPA. Don't waste time doing EC while your GPA suffers.
Then if you have time, you can always retake in summer, but if you decide to retake now, you will harm your GPA even further because studying for the DAT is like a full-time job, I am sure you know that by now, not to mention the stress that accompanies it!

But Wow, 30 in RC, what a fantastic reader! Also, your scores are Ok, and you have 20 in QR and 20 in OC which are very good scores!

Hi! Thank you so much for the reassurance! You are completely right, studying for the DAT was definitely something I should have been doing full time, however, I took it while I was in school and working part time. I have a feeling I would have scored a lot better if I didn't have so many distractions. Summer time sounds like a good idea! I was hoping to apply in June, maybe I can retake it a month before to ensure my scores get verified in time. Also, I was very surprised with my RC score haha!

Thank you for your time :)

Wow 30 RC is amazing. You might have to take a masters to improve your GPA/show Dschools you can take and do well in graduate level courses. Try to quit your job if possible and dedicate yourself to improving the GPA. It’s an uphill battle but I’m rooting for you.

Reactions: 1 user