This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1908

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm in the middle of my DIY postbacc. Recently graduated from state flagship university and have a pb gpa of 3.79 from the past summer & fall.
I'm looking to take more spring courses, but the ones I want are closed at my alma mater. So I branched out and found a few local state colleges offering orgo and physics. Would it be okay to retake premed prereqs at these institutions? I've heard that cc credits are not recommended for a postbacc, but is a lower ranking 4 yr institution okay?
* I have C's in Physics and contemplating a retake of Physics 2, along the lines of what an SMP admissions counselor recommended. Would retaking the physics sequence be a good decision?
I really appreciate your feedback and advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm in the middle of my DIY postbacc. Recently graduated from state flagship university and have a pb gpa of 3.79 from the past summer & fall.
I'm looking to take more spring courses, but the ones I want are closed at my alma mater. So I branched out and found a few local state colleges offering orgo and physics. Would it be okay to retake premed prereqs at these institutions? I've heard that cc credits are not recommended for a postbacc, but is a lower ranking 4 yr institution okay?
* I have C's in Physics and contemplating a retake of Physics 2, along the lines of what an SMP admissions counselor recommended. Would retaking the physics sequence be a good decision?
I really appreciate your feedback and advice!
Totally OK to take courses at other colleges.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i took pb courses at 5 diff colleges and got into a US MD. get a good mcat.

Reactions: 2 users
and do volunteer work for the underserved.

Reactions: 2 users