Advice on dropping a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anonymoose410

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm enrolled in anatomy for the fall semester (I have already graduated with a BS in the spring) but I did pretty awful on the first two tests.

Basically, I have a 67% in the class right now, and the professor and I talked it over and the only way I can get a B (as in 80%) is to get at least a 93 on each of the upcoming tests (4 total).

Do you think I should drop the class and just get a W? I have never had a W on my transcript, or dropped a class before, so I don't really know how those work or how they affect my transcript.

If I do drop the class I will just wait to take it again spring semester.. which kind of sucks because this was the halfway mark of the course.

Any advice is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Having a "W" on your transcript isn't that bad. Having a whole bunch is a different story. It doesn't effect your GPA, it just simply shows that you couldn't complete the class for whatever reason. I would probably rather have a "W" then a "C" though.

So, you need solid A's to scrape by with a "B". Almost sounds like a drop to me. Repeating a class sucks though. This is just Anatomy without Physiology right? Shouldn't be too bad, it's just memorization. If you were talking about a Chem class I would say definitely drop it.

Same predicament here but for College Algebra...If you desire it enough, you can attain that B. If you want to be safe, drop that bad boy....