advice on housing near PCO

Started by NYCBlues
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NYCBlues

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any apartment around PCO that is ~ $800 (including utilities) as well as a safe place to live? I know that there are apartments around Philly that is pretty cheap, but I am not sure if it's safe. I want to live in a single bedroom apartment that is as close to PCO as possible, but I don't think I can afford to live at these places.

I was thinking of renting an apartment at Wyncote House for $875/mo. (excluding utilities), which to me it is extremely expensive and I am not sure if my financial aid/loans will be sufficient to cover the cost and I won't have any extra money to put into the rent either.

I don't know what to do...Does anyone have any advice/recommendations?
 
HI NYCBlues,

I too am going to live in Wyncote House for 875/month!! But u have to pay for your own water, electricity and Heat I believe. And ti's the 1 Bedroom Junior correct??
 
NYCBlues said:
Does anyone know of any apartment around PCO that is ~ $800 (including utilities) as well as a safe place to live? I know that there are apartments around Philly that is pretty cheap, but I am not sure if it's safe. I want to live in a single bedroom apartment that is as close to PCO as possible, but I don't think I can afford to live at these places.

I was thinking of renting an apartment at Wyncote House for $875/mo. (excluding utilities), which to me it is extremely expensive and I am not sure if my financial aid/loans will be sufficient to cover the cost and I won't have any extra money to put into the rent either.

I don't know what to do...Does anyone have any advice/recommendations?[/Q

Hey NYC,

I'm living in the Colonade by myself in a one bedroom. I felt the same exact way you did. I don't know exactly how much my loans will cover but I know I didn't want a roommate and I wanted to live some place close. To me that was the best of both worlds.

PM me and we can chat about it more if u want.