Advice on how to continue studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sfkhan7797

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have exactly one month left for my DAT and I took my first topscore test to see where I am at. These are my results:
Biol: 19
Chem 17
OCHem 15 ??
QR: 18
RC 20
PAT 19
AA 17

Can you guys please suggest ways I can improve my score? I thought I was set in Ochem and chem but Im glad I took the exam because it showed me those are where I need to study most. I already watched Chad's videos when they were free. Is it worth watching them again because I bought the subscription but they look the same as before.

I have used Kaplan Review Book, working through Destroyer, just bought 10 CDP, going through kaplan online workshops and reluctantly going to start MATH destroyer ..

What resources and techniques can I use to improve my scores. Any advice is appreciated.
How close to the topscore results were the DAT scores in people's experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You are taking the proper steps. Finish the Destroyer and go over it again. Some students cover it 3 times. Make copies of the Road Maps and keep practicing them. Finish at least 5 CDP's before your test.

Top score scores in relation to real DAT scores fluctuate. Some people go down, others up. 1st test doesn't really indicate much, except what you need to keep studying. So, just keep studying.

I have exactly one month left for my DAT and I took my first topscore test to see where I am at. These are my results:
Biol: 19>>See the concepts you missed and try to go back an review them.
Chem 17>>Obviously you need more practice in this area! The low score may be due to:
1-You're struggling with the math! If so, go back to destroyer and try to redo all the problems. Master the problems in destroyer and the G-chem section of the DAT won't be that hard.
2-Or you may be struggling with the concepts. If so, go back to KBB and review the concepts you've missed.
OCHem 15 ??>>>What resources are you using to study O-chem? I suggest Cliff's Notes. Try to memorize as many reactions as possible!
QR: 18>>>Don't waste too much time on questions that you have a hard time finding an answer for. Mark them, and proceed with the ones you know! This section is more about time management than math!
RC 20
PAT 19>>>Practice Practice Practice!!!!!
AA 17

Can you guys please suggest ways I can improve my score? I thought I was set in Ochem and chem but Im glad I took the exam because it showed me those are where I need to study most. I already watched Chad's videos when they were free. Is it worth watching them again because I bought the subscription but they look the same as before.

I have used Kaplan Review Book, working through Destroyer, just bought 10 CDP, going through kaplan online workshops and reluctantly going to start MATH destroyer ..

What resources and techniques can I use to improve my scores. Any advice is appreciated.
How close to the topscore results were the DAT scores in people's experience?

It really depends what version of the the test you get! I personally think the real DAT was easier, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't improve your scores with the hope that the real DAT may be easier!

Good Luck:thumbup: