Advice on how to move forward

Started by jimoney23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jimoney23

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Current 4th year DO student applying this cycle for PM&R. Messed up on step 1 and scored 208 (still don’t know what happened). Scored 534 in level 1. Since then I have gotten mostly HPs and some Honors on my clinical rotations and step 2, I scored a 248 and on level 2 I got 707. I am also top quarter of my class. That step 1 score is such an outlier in my academic career that I feel like I need to address it.

Thoughts on my chances and how I should move forward??

Also, Would it be a good idea to apply for a backup plan??
 
PM&R used to be a back up specialty but now is highly competitive. 99.2% match rate. ).

Your scores are fine. Get some rotations and LOR's under your belt and you should be able to match.
 
Your step 1 might screen you out from some places (programs use filters). I’d apply a little more broadly because of that. But your step 2 is really good...