Advice on prereqs

Started by Kazema
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kazema

In a kingdom by the sea
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This isn't for me, but I wanted to ask for a friend considering pharmacy.

Our school doesn't have anatomy, just physiology (not even physiology & anatomy) or a microbiology lab. As I understand it, these classes are required for admission to most pharmacy schools.

Any advice on what she could do (summer programs, post-bacs, etc) or schools that don't require those classes?

Thanks!
 
Kazema said:
This isn't for me, but I wanted to ask for a friend considering pharmacy.

Our school doesn't have anatomy, just physiology (not even physiology & anatomy) or a microbiology lab. As I understand it, these classes are required for admission to most pharmacy schools.

Any advice on what she could do (summer programs, post-bacs, etc) or schools that don't require those classes?

Thanks!

She should call the school(s) in which she is interested and ask what each school recommends.
 
Anatomy is required at a lot of pharmacy schools. She can check each school's admission requirements here. She always has the option of taking a couple of classes at a community college to meet the requirements.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She should apply to whatver schools interest her. She can always take anatomy at a community college during spring or summer if she is accepted to a school requiring anatomy. Prerequisites do not need to be completed before applying, just before the program begins.

BTW I love your avatar Kazema. 🙂