advice on Prosthodontics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

huskerchild

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone had any advice about prosthodontics residency wprograms. I want to start looking at schools and wanted an idea of who has a good program. Also curious if anyone is or knows someone who is in a pros program.

Members don't see this ad.

huskerchild said:
Just curious if anyone had any advice about prosthodontics residency wprograms. I want to start looking at schools and wanted an idea of who has a good program. Also curious if anyone is or knows someone who is in a pros program.

hi there! you can access this info from http://prosthodontics.org/cf-dbm/graduate/graduate-view.cfm (the official site of the american college of prosthodontics)... as far as I know, the top reputed pros programs in the country are Uwash, seattle, UTexas San antonio, UConnecticut, UIowa and ofcourse Mayo (which is 4 years unlike 3 years).
Also, the one thing you need to keep in mind when you are looking around for pros programs is their emphahis on implant care (including placements like the way UConn and Mayo do it..) and also, the ratio of clinical vs lab time should be as high as possible.
good luck in your search!