Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I recently found out I have been invited to do research at Mayo Clinic this upcoming summer as part of the Undergraduate Research Experience Program. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the program before or has any idea if it is something that is worth pursuing.

VaultArmitage

import pandas as pd
Feb 5, 2020
The Great Midwest Mountains
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You're asking a fairly biased crowd... Personally I am doing a similar program at UCLA this summer and I'm wicked excited. But I love research and plan on it being the majority of my future career.

A more personalized answer would be does this align with your career goals? Are you considering an MD/PhD or want to make research a big part of your career? Do you have other more important ECs like clinical experience, volunteering, etc out of the way already? Is it paid or volunteer?

Apr 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You're asking a fairly biased crowd... Personally I am doing a similar program at UCLA this summer and I'm wicked excited. But I love research and plan on it being the majority of my future career.

A more personalized answer would be does this align with your career goals? Are you considering an MD/PhD or want to make research a big part of your career? Do you have other more important ECs like clinical experience, volunteering, etc out of the way already? Is it paid or volunteer?
My career goals are to become an emergency physician and transition later into a role in biotech venture capital. I want to use this opportunity as a way to beef up my research experience as I already have a fair amount of hours in volunteering, shadowing, etc. It will be a paid position.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.