advice on school list. Please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Black Mamba Gene

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I am applying pretty late to osteopathic medical schools (only applying DO). I had a lot of stuff going on with work and family which delayed my application but I am submitting my primary application today or tomorrow.

My undergrad gpa: 3.32
my science gpa: 3.26
post bacc
gpa: 3.7 (only 3 semester classes - all upper div science)

UC Davis B.S. in psychology

MCAT: 128/123/128/128 (507)

extracurriculars:
- American Cancer Society road to recovery volunteer (1.5 years)
- BPSHI student run clinic volunteer (4 years)
- Seva - selfless service at my gurdwara - (church) since HS
- Barista at starbucks: 1.5 years during undergrad
- ER Medical scribe - 8 months
- Administrative assistant at a transportation company - 6 months before covid hit
- shadowing (3 weeks -45 hours)
- Chemo angels volunteer (current)

Age: 26

I have saved up enough to apply to around 18 DO schools. Can anyone help me with a school list please that gives me the best chance of getting into medical school. I am a California resident.

Thank you for your time.
 
This was my school list.
My stats were much less than yours and I was granted multiple acceptances thus far in the cycle.

  • LECOM all schools
  • ACOM
  • UP-KYCOM
  • WVSOM
  • MU-COM
  • ATSU-SOMA
  • PCOM-GA
  • PCOM-SGA
  • OU-HCOM
  • Touro
  • Western
  • COMP-Northwest
  • MSUCOM
  • LMU-DCOM
  • ARCOM
  • NYIT-AR
  • WCU-COM
  • UIWCOM
  • ICOM
  • BCOM
  • CHSU-COM
 
This was my school list.
My stats were much less than yours and I was granted multiple acceptances thus far in the cycle.

  • LECOM all schools
  • ACOM
  • UP-KYCOM
  • WVSOM
  • MU-COM
  • ATSU-SOMA
  • PCOM-GA
  • PCOM-SGA
  • OU-HCOM
  • Touro
  • Western
  • COMP-Northwest
  • MSUCOM
  • LMU-DCOM
  • ARCOM
  • NYIT-AR
  • WCU-COM
  • UIWCOM
  • ICOM
  • BCOM
  • CHSU-COM
Thank you so much for this list. I ended up using all of it to apply!! And added 5-6 more schools that I really liked as well
 
Thank you so much for this list. I ended up using all of it to apply!! And added 5-6 more schools that I really liked as well

I will add that some of these schools have a regional bias. I am from Florida and I was rejected rather quickly to some of the OOS schools. However my stats were so low that I needed to apply to any that would even look at my application. Good luck!