Advice on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

namjaboy83

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm a bit slow.. I know but I'm working on secondaries right now. I'm working on UCLA but it's asking me why specifically I want to go there. But aren't all dental schools pretty much the same? I don't know how to answer this. Please, if you guys know of the positive aspects of the school, let me know. Besides the location and the prestige of going there, I pretty much don't know how to answer this.

Members don't see this ad.

namjaboy83 said:
Hi. I'm a bit slow.. I know but I'm working on secondaries right now. I'm working on UCLA but it's asking me why specifically I want to go there. But aren't all dental schools pretty much the same? I don't know how to answer this. Please, if you guys know of the positive aspects of the school, let me know. Besides the location and the prestige of going there, I pretty much don't know how to answer this.

Why don't you just tell them why you really want to go there? Location is a pretty important factor in many people's decisions for choosing a school. A "prestigious" school usually has it's reputation based upon its being able to provide an excellent education, both in the classroom or in the clinic. Take a look at the school website to help you form your own opinion of the school. :)

namjaboy83 said:
But aren't all dental schools pretty much the same?

yes, in that you get a degree to practice dentistry. but every school has it's strength and weaknesses. i would highlight their strengths and show how it fits in with your goals.