Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Advice on secondaries

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by namjaboy83, Nov 20, 2005.

1. namjaboy83

namjaboy83 New Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi. I'm a bit slow.. I know but I'm working on secondaries right now. I'm working on UCLA but it's asking me why specifically I want to go there. But aren't all dental schools pretty much the same? I don't know how to answer this. Please, if you guys know of the positive aspects of the school, let me know. Besides the location and the prestige of going there, I pretty much don't know how to answer this.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Why don't you just tell them why you really want to go there? Location is a pretty important factor in many people's decisions for choosing a school. A "prestigious" school usually has it's reputation based upon its being able to provide an excellent education, both in the classroom or in the clinic. Take a look at the school website to help you form your own opinion of the school. :)

4. food4thots

food4thots Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yes, in that you get a degree to practice dentistry. but every school has it's strength and weaknesses. i would highlight their strengths and show how it fits in with your goals.