Advice on sending additional DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fonz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i took the DAT march 20th and only had them send the the scores to the 5 schools I knew I was going to apply to (I wasnt sure of the other schools yet). Since then I have decided what other schools I am going to apply to and so should I request the additioinal score reports ASAP or should I wait untill AADSAS opens up again?

Members don't see this ad.

I would go ahead and request the scores to be sent out. One less thing to worry about.

So i took the DAT march 20th and only had them send the the scores to the 5 schools I knew I was going to apply to (I wasnt sure of the other schools yet). Since then I have decided what other schools I am going to apply to and so should I request the additioinal score reports ASAP or should I wait untill AADSAS opens up again?

dont do it now. the new cycle hasnt opened yet. most dental schools are still working on finishing their classes for this fall. if you send them now, who knows what might happen. wait until the new cycle starts. the ADA is faster at sending out DAT scores than AADSAS is about sending applications so they will get to the dental schools in about 2 weeks. its not that hard to send extra score reports, all you do is go online to the ADA.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you are a re-applicant, do you have to resend scores through the DAT ppl if the schools you apply to are the same? and if you are a reapplicant, how does one proceed to get all documents in asap? I mean I already have everything reay to send to AADSAS, so should I wait till May or start sending stuff out now? Thanks.

Go ahead and send them. Your other 5 schools already have copies. Enough people take the DAT this early that the schools should know what to do with the score reports.

if you are a re-applicant, do you have to resend scores through the DAT ppl if the schools you apply to are the same? and if you are a reapplicant, how does one proceed to get all documents in asap? I mean I already have everything reay to send to AADSAS, so should I wait till May or start sending stuff out now? Thanks.

hey just wondering...we have kind of similar stats, how many schools did u apply to last cycle?

hey just wondering...we have kind of similar stats, how many schools did u apply to last cycle?

8, 2 interviews but I took my DATs really really late ie. January.