Advice on Step 2 CK?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avgjoe

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'll be taking the test two days from now, and so far have gone through:
Crush Step 2
Approximately 700 questions on USMLEWorld. I've been scoring approximately 60% on those.

What would you recommend I do on the last day? As many Qbank questions as I possibly can? Going through all the blueprints series books? Concentrating on trauma/ob-gyn (I've heard a lot of q's come from those two topics)?

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

On my exam there were plenty of questions I found straightforward because I'd seen them during 3rd year, or in Crush or USMLEWorld. The ones I didn't know were things I wouldn't have learned no matter how much I studied. I don't think reading extensively on one topic would have made a difference. So, I'd recommend doing as much USMLEWorld as possible before your test - it is very high-yield. You could also reread sections of Crush on your weak areas. I would not bother with Blueprints at this point....just my $0.02.

Best of luck!

-BBB

Yea, review Trauma & OB.

And be sure to get plenty of rest. Rest and managing stress are the biggest things at this point.

I'm scheduled to take Step 2 CK in a few days and here is where I stand:

USMLEWORLD: ~1500 qs first time through score 65%
NBME self assessment 1: Score 510 (220)

I am genuinely worried that I may not pass the real thing.

Any idea if I should be ok to pass with a good margin of error. I don't need to do extremely well as I have already matched. Thanks for the help.

harlantubal said:
I'm scheduled to take Step 2 CK in a few days and here is where I stand:

USMLEWORLD: ~1500 qs first time through score 65%
NBME self assessment 1: Score 510 (220)

I am genuinely worried that I may not pass the real thing.

Any idea if I should be ok to pass with a good margin of error. I don't need to do extremely well as I have already matched. Thanks for the help.

Hey man, I would not worry about it. The NBME self-assessments are pretty accurate from what I understand. I too am in a similar position, not matched yet but delayed Step 2CK until well after it mattered to residency programs.

When I was studying for it back in July (postponed it to March) I was only worried if I could beat my Step I score. Now I too worry about failing it but my NBME self-assesment says I have nothing to worry about. Neither do you, just relax and you'll be fine.