Advice on Test Date?

fadelgad

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'd take it in January of next year. That way you have a score ready very early for the cycle, you don't have to stress about AMCAS while studying for the MCAT, you have the option to retake (but try not to!) and you have plenty of time to study for it.

If you really want, you could void this score in August and use it as "practice" if you don't mind the hefty price tag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took another practice exam this past Saturday and did much better.

EK Practice Exam 3: Chemical (29/59) 49% , CARS (35/53) 66%, Biological (40/59) 67.7%, Psychological (42/59) 71%

I honestly think what I'm missing is content review.

Your chemistry score is not significantly improving. I'd work on your study habits to fix that and then take the MCAT. Ideally, I'd try to score >85% on each section.

I wouldn't be able to study during the school year my classes are way too hard :/ if I improve my chemistry and physics do you think Id be in good shape?

I'm not sure if that's all you'd need to work on, though. You need to try to get at least above 70% on the other sections. You do well on CARS which suggests you're not a bad test taker. I think you need more content review, as you stated, but you can't possibly review all the content in such a short period of time.

I would highly suggest waiting to take the MCAT. Review more. Take it next year. You don't HAVE to do January, but it would help I think if you had at least 3+ months content review time.

Use the Khan Academy questions as a rough gauge.