advice on these programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jf

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a little trouble figuring out my rank order. I would like to hear your thoughts and input on the following programs:

Jacobi
UCONN
University of Maryland
North Shore
Stony Brook
Cooper

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I ended up cancelling my jacobi and north shore interviews. I interviewed at stony brook and we have an attending or two that went there. (one went on to do a tox fellowship at NYPC before being an attending with us.)

Here's what I remember:
-3 year
-great attendings
-large pateint catchment (its the only level 1 way out there)
-Nice ED.
-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY the hell out there. Its two hours on the train. About an hour with traffic IF your lucky. there was a starbucks and a bookstore close, I was told.
-the residents seemed to get along.

Stony brook is well respected in nYC. Its a solid program and has the advantage of being a three year program if you want to do a fellowship.

You have to not mind being out in the burbs though.

jf said:
Hi,

I am having a little trouble figuring out my rank order. I would like to hear your thoughts and input on the following programs:

Jacobi
UCONN
University of Maryland
North Shore
Stony Brook
Cooper

Thanks
Do a search, you'll find info on UMD.
Q

North shore is very community and out in the burbs of NYC. The residents are very cool and laid back... Their attitude was more about having fun and enjoying life than being hard-core EM docs. Not the most academic of programs, but you'll still get a solid training--at least that was my impression. Definitely not a rigorous program.