advice on time management while studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mOlar1!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was so good at managing my time but now it seems like 24 hours a day isnt enough for me. ORGO is taking all of my time bc as great of a source destroyer, going through 30 problems a day, making flashcards and quizzing myself on roadmaps takes quite a few while since it has always been my weakest point. I legit spend 3 hours on orgo everyday, the generators for PAT takes me about 1.5 hours with PAT trainer game and reading a random article included. I spend 2.5 hours on gen chem, 2.5 on bio and end of the day I always end up missing time out for QR and anki feralis notes flashcards. I have completed like 5 decks on there. I never minded QR but it seems like it can be a game changer. I wtched all the chad's videos on QR, did kaplan and went through destroyer once so i am very nervous. Any advice on what should I do? I take my DAT in 5 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep you got a lot of time left, don't stress quite yet! Here's my schedule if it helps, I highly suggest you buy math destroyer as soon as you can for QR help. Also, calculate the amount of questions you have left per section, and then divide it up. You can finish destroyer in 7 days if you do ~214 questions per day!

10-11 Read
11-12 PAT
12-1 Review Flash Cards
1-6:30 Destroyers (or swap this with whatever you want to study for the day)
8-10 Math Destroyer
10-12 Math Destroyer Review

I also made a daily timeline and skipped reading/PAT if I decide I need to spend a few more hours doing destroyer or whatever, since those are my two strongest areas

Reactions: 1 users
Yep you got a lot of time left, don't stress quite yet! Here's my schedule if it helps, I highly suggest you buy math destroyer as soon as you can for QR help. Also, calculate the amount of questions you have left per section, and then divide it up. You can finish destroyer in 7 days if you do ~214 questions per day!

10-11 Read
11-12 PAT
12-1 Review Flash Cards
8-10 Math Destroyer

I also made a daily timeline and skipped reading/PAT if I decide I need to spend a few more hours doing destroyer or whatever, since those are my two strongest areas
Do you make your own flash cards or use anki?

Members don't see this ad :)

10-11 Read
11-12 PAT
12-1 Review Flash Cards
8-10 Math Destroyer

omg thank you so much. i didn't even think about spacing out lol. thanks a lot :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you guys make notecards from anki for chemistries as well? If so or not how do you guys approach notetaking for the chem sections. Thanks!
i handwrite all my flashcards just cause when you write with your own hands, you are more likely to remmeber and if you think about it, that is helping your reading and and understanding speed which is a skill that you'll need on reading section anyways.

i handwrite all my flashcards just cause when you write with your own hands, you are more likely to remmeber and if you think about it, that is helping your reading and and understanding speed which is a skill that you'll need on reading section anyways.
I do that for orgo but for bio there just so much anki makes it easier for that

Reactions: 1 user
orgo's fla
I do that for orgo but for bio there just so much anki makes it easier for that
orgo flashcards are a killer. but its worth it. i don't feel my hands by end of the day making at least 70 flashcards a day.