Advice on timing please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Casey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I will be finishing my last pre req (Organic Chem) the first week in May 2008. I am trying to figure out when would be the best time to take the MCAT. I wasn't sure if I should take it in April before I finish organic or wait until I am done. I do plan on taking a prep course and studying on my own. Any advice?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I will be finishing my last pre req (Organic Chem) the first week in May 2008. I am trying to figure out when would be the best time to take the MCAT. I wasn't sure if I should take it in April before I finish organic or wait until I am done. I do plan on taking a prep course and studying on my own. Any advice?

Thanks!

If Ochem-II is the only thing you're finishing up at that point, go ahead and take it in April. You're not going to learn anything important for the MCAT in that last month of Ochem that you can't pick up from a decent review book. The only reason to defer would be if your schedule that spring is so overwhelming that you wouldn't have time to prep for the MCAT.

Good luck to you.:)