advice on when to apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amg1322

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I will be completing my degree in December 2015 and I am a bit torn on when to apply for DPT schoos. Should I try to apply now during this cycle for schools that would begin january or may after i'm done? Or should I just wait altogether and apply during the next cycle for schools for the following academic year? any one in the same position? or anyone have any advice ? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you've given enough information. Do you feel ready to apply this year? How many pre-reqs do you still have to take? Most schools will allow 2-3 pre-reqs not completed when you apply.

Do you have enough observation hours and people to write you letters, and have you taken the GRE?

Plenty of people apply before they graduate, so that they won't have a gap year between undergrad and PT school. It's definitely not an uncommon thing.

I don't think you've given enough information. Do you feel ready to apply this year? How many pre-reqs do you still have to take? Most schools will allow 2-3 pre-reqs not completed when you apply.

Do you have enough observation hours and people to write you letters, and have you taken the GRE?

Plenty of people apply before they graduate, so that they won't have a gap year between undergrad and PT school. It's definitely not an uncommon thing.

sorry for the lack of information, i'm currently completing some prereqs, and am completing a couple more during the fall semester. at that point I will only have 2 left. I am in the process of completing my hours and feel I have strong candidates to ask for letters. I am also taking my GRE at the end of july.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kind of in the same situation. I'll be done with my prereqs in August, I have all shadowing hours, and my BS will be done in December. I think you should apply this cycle. That's what I, doing.

Gotcha. Well it sounds like you're prepared to apply this year! I also have some classes left, and kinda feel like I'm rushing into applying, but I really don't want to take 2 years off. Good luck, whenever you decide to apply!