Advice please! Nontraditional background

Started by BR4
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BR4

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

This is my first time posting in an online forum like this. I'm an older student (34 years old) and just applied to several DPT programs. I have a good GPA, but I have some weird years on my academic record and I was wondering if anyone could let me' know *how* bad those are. I went through a really rough time in my twenties and have a bunch of "W"s on my transcript (eleven!!). I fully explained the reason for them on the application. I was just wondering if schools would care what the reason is or if those marks will kill my chances of getting in. Thank you so much in advance for any thoughts!
 
Depends on the schools you applied to. I would have focused on schools that only look at last 60 units and pre-req gpa otherwise all courses will be considered.
 
Depends on the schools you applied to. I would have focused on schools that only look at last 60 units and pre-req gpa otherwise all courses will be considered.

Thank you for your input! Hopefully I'll get in this year and it'll be a non-issue, but I'll definitely look at that if I need to reapply