1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Advice please! thxxxx

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Kid0326, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Kid0326

Pre-Dental
    hello everyone,
    I have a few questions that in need of answer.

1. should I do my shadowing before I apply, or as long as i done it before the interview process.?

2. should i apply after or before i take my DAT, im schedule for the DAT on oct.30? and I'm trying to apply for the 2012 cycle. (I dont have lot of money, thats why I was planning to apply after, depend on the score)

3. Im currently working on my M.S I finished all of my course work with a 4.0 GPA, I Just have research now. But my undergrad GPA is a 2.9 :(. I was wonder with that status, it's consider to be competitive or not.?

thank you for all the replies, and advice.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rocky90

2+ Year Member

I am almost in the same boat as you are. I just took my DAT but have a higher GPA. I have not applied to schools yet and was waiting for my score. But now I am stuck since its not the best and dont know whether I should spend the money to apply or retake it next year. However I think that might be late to apply to schools for 2012. Maybe somebody else can shed more light on it.

4. Kid0326

Pre-Dental
    Yes, hopefully somebody can shed more light on this. how did you do on your DAT.? Do you think with my master degree and a 4.0 GPA for it, going to help with the low undergrad GPA.?