Advice please with DAT !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bimmer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on applying for this cycle and I have scheduled my DAT for June 7th. I have been studying for the past month and a half to two months and I have been making solid progress. I'm done with content so I have about 3 weeks of just practice, review, and memorizing. I hope to be ready by June 7th cause I plan to go to europe for the rest of june the very next day.

I plan to take a practice test to gauge how prepared I am about a week or so in advance and the week of.

In regards to scored I would really appreciate some advice. If I don't score well on the practice should I take the DAT see how I do and then take it again later this year if I need to ? So i'll still have my app considered but just update the score later.

OR

Should I just reschedule it for later in the summer / year and therefore my app wouldn't really be looked at till I have that score in.

Thank in advance !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I've studied about the same amount of time as you are, but I will be taking it a few days after you. Since we are both in similar shoes, I can comment on how I would do it, personally. If I feel like during the next 3 weeks of practice tests that I don't feel like I have a very good grasp of all material, I would definitely reschedule. Like actually know how to tackle each problem at first sight -- with minimal thinking (the majority of the thinking should have already been done during the 'study' section of your studying. Also depends on how much you are going to depend on your DAT scores for your application -- in my case, since my scores/experience is pretty much average across the board, I would definitely put the DAT in higher priority (Nothing I can do much about grades if I'm planning on applying the upcoming cycle).

My 2¢

Would love some more votes and feedback !

And later in the summer would be late july possibly august

Last edited:
So I am planning on applying for this cycle and I have scheduled my DAT for June 7th. I have been studying for the past month and a half to two months and I have been making solid progress. I'm done with content so I have about 3 weeks of just practice, review, and memorizing. I hope to be ready by June 7th cause I plan to go to europe for the rest of june the very next day.
!

Three weeks is enough time to do practice questions if you've studied well for the last 2 months.