****ADVICE PLEASE***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PAhopefulLY94

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,


So I applied to about 9 PA schools this year, thinking I would just go anywhere to be a PA. However, after doing some thinking after interviews and rejections, and acceptance, I really want to stay local in Michigan or even in Illinois to go to PA school. I got waitlisted at 3 schools. One in Wisconsin, one in Illinois, and one in Michigan (my top choice program). However, I got accepted to a school in Florida. I know anything can happen with being on the waitlist, but I am preparing for not getting in off the waitlist. I am not thrilled about the school I was accepted to.


So my question of advice is... if you were in my shoes and had a chance of getting into your top choice school if I re-applied, would you take one more year and re-apply locally and around the Midwest with a risk.. or would you just take the opportunity to go to Florida and finish your education?



I am also 22 years old (turning 23 this summer), Bachelor of Science from University of Michigan-Ann Arbor: 3.4 GPA, 3.6 last 60 credit GPA, 305 GRE with 5 on writing, worked as a medical assistant for 2,940 hours, research 2 years, and volunteered about 100 hours total.
 
I'm trying to figure out why this is on the "medical students" forum... Either way, If you really want to be a PA, go to the school that accepts you this cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm trying to figure out why this is on the "medical students" forum... Either way, If you really want to be a PA, go to the school that accepts you this cycle.

Because I wanted advice from a different angle... but maybe in the other thread ill get better advice.