advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsgirl347

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted to Marquette right away, but recently got into Iowa off the alternate list. I'm from Wisconsin, and my parents actually live about an hour outside milwaukee. I have to make up my mind ASAP and I don't have a clue what to do.
The two schools add up equally in my mind with two exceptions: Marquette: i like that i'm close to home, but I'm not a huge fan of living in downtown...I'm a big runner and I love the outdoors, Milwaukee's not real conducive to that. Iowa: opposite to marquette, I love the type of city, but its four hours from home. I go to school pretty far away right now, so I know I could handle the distance just fine, but I also think it would be nice not to be so far away. Cost is pretty much the same as well because I got some scholarship cash from both schools.
If anyone has any advice for me I'd love to hear it...thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to Marquette right away, but recently got into Iowa off the alternate list. I'm from Wisconsin, and my parents actually live about an hour outside milwaukee. I have to make up my mind ASAP and I don't have a clue what to do.
The two schools add up equally in my mind with two exceptions: Marquette: i like that i'm close to home, but I'm not a huge fan of living in downtown...I'm a big runner and I love the outdoors, Milwaukee's not real conducive to that. Iowa: opposite to marquette, I love the type of city, but its four hours from home. I go to school pretty far away right now, so I know I could handle the distance just fine, but I also think it would be nice not to be so far away. Cost is pretty much the same as well because I got some scholarship cash from both schools.

Go to Marquette. I don't know much about Iowa becuase I didn't apply there, but the weather probaly won't be that much different if that is an issue. I know several Marquette alum who speak highly of their experience there. There clinical program is totaly awsome and you will have plenty of oportunities. To me its a no brainer but I am ignorant when it comes to Iowa. Good luck with your decision. I would think at least in the summer WI would be nicer then Iowa, you know with the lake and the outdoors. Family is nice to have around, to do your laundry and when you are broke and need to get a good meal.

Good Luck

Sounds to me like you prefer the environment of Iowa.