Advice please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating this may with a 3.5 GPA from a small country side school and I didn't apply to medschool because my MCAT was so bad!!! 18 (first time). I got accepted to a pharmacy school instead (Back up plan). But I really wanna do medicine. I'm 4 year closed to the 30s. Do you guys think I should go to pharm school? Take a year off and retake the MCAT? any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, do you think that you can improve on that 18 or did you really study and such and this is your best? I can see improving a few points, but honestly if you really tried hard on that MCAT and still got an 18, I would hardly expect you to take it again and get a 30. If this is the case, I'd take the pharm acceptance.

If, however, you had some weird circumstance that you think caused the extremely low score, then study your butt off and retake it this summer. If you have the capability of scoring higher, and do not want to be a pharmacist, then don't do it. You can always retake it this summer, and see how you do before starting pharm school (I assume starting in the fall).

This thread is a duplicate to one in Pre-Allo. I am closing this on. If you want to respond, go to Pre-Allo and respond to that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.